Team Forward Forever wanted to better connect their sales process with the goals and values of the company. The default functionality in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales application offers a good starting point for ensuring that all required steps in the Business Process Flow stages are completed. However, it doesn’t scale well to a more detailed scoring model.
The solution was to extend the Dataverse data model with a dedicated Evaluation table that holds all the opportunity evaluation criteria and resulting total score. The user interface was adjusted to offer a visual & efficient data entry experience.
Read more about the solution in this blog post: Opportunity scoring with Model-driven Power Apps.
- Extend the Sales app data model with a new Evaluation table
- Leverage custom PCF control to visualize each evaluation criteria field with Fluent UI icons
- Calculate the total score using a Dataverse calculated field
- Build a one-to-one relationship between opportunity and evaluation
- Leverage Main Form Dialog to create a modal dialog experience for evaluation data entry
- Extend the opportunity Business Process Flow to enforce evaluation completion before moving to “Propose” stage
- Create an Evaluations dashboard and charts to allow analysis of completed evaluations vs. key opportunity metrics (status, close date, potential customer)
Dynamics 365 Sales, Power Apps Model-driven App, Dataverse
Looking for Power Platform experts?
Whether it's building new solutions with Power Apps and Power Automate (Flow), analyzing data with Power BI, managing business processes with Dynamics 365, or governance of your application platform as a whole, our team of experts is ready for the challenge.Explore our services