We found ourselves in the need to reach out to a large internal audience and request details on Power BI Workspaces they owned.
This was a case where internal naming convention had changed for Power BI and we wanted to reach out to the 400+ Administrators in an easy way to confirm they were happy with our change to their Power BI workspace, if they had a better suggestion for the name or if they actually don’t need it anymore and the workspace can be deleted.
To do this we gathered all the workspaces data on a Dataverse for Teams and built a Power Automate Flow that, using the Approvals connector, would ask the Administrators if they Approve of our change, give them the option to suggest a new name or delete the workspace.
Simple flow that allowed for a companywide change to be implemented in less than a week.
- Use of the Approval connector ensures users are reached out on Teams or Email
- Only an Office E3 license is required
- Basic Approval process that allows for some data input from the user side
- Automatic Deletion of Workspace using Power BI API
- Power BI Dashboard to keep track of users engagement
Cloud flow, Dataverse for Teams, Power BI
Looking for Power Platform experts?
Whether it's building new solutions with Power Apps and Power Automate (Flow), analyzing data with Power BI, managing business processes with Dynamics 365, or governance of your application platform as a whole, our team of experts is ready for the challenge.Explore our services