Organization IT department requires a cost-effective and resource-efficient light IT ticketing system to streamline issue tracking and resolution, enabling better organization and accountability without straining budgets or staff. We built the application using Power Apps (canvas) on top of SharePoint lists.
We leveraged SharePoint permission levels to display information in the app based on different user roles. Requests like ‘System Issues’ should be visible to all end-users, but for other ticket types, users can only see the service requests they created themselves. We utilized Power Automate to define permissions for ‘System Issues’.
The service request handlers can route ‘System Issues’ to system vendors via email. We utilize Power Automate in handling service requests.
The IT support receives Teams notifications for new service requests, and the individuals who created the service requests receive notifications when the service request has been completed. Teams notifications are sent through Power Automate.
- Cost-effective and resource-efficient IT ticketing system
- Developed with Power Apps (canvas) integrated with SharePoint lists
- Utilizes SharePoint permission levels for role-based data visibility
- ‘System Issues’ visible to all users, other ticket types visible only to creators
- Power Automate employed to manage permissions, including ‘System Issues’
- Streamlined issue tracking and resolution processes
- Service request handlers can route ‘System Issues’ to system vendors via email
- Efficient service request management with Power Automate integration
- IT support receives Teams notifications for new service requests
- End-users receive notifications upon service request completion through Power Automate integration