We found ourselves in the need to reach out to a large internal audience and request details on Power BI Workspaces they owned.
This was a case where internal naming convention had changed for Power BI and we wanted to reach out to the 400+ Administrators in an easy way to confirm they were happy with our change to their Power BI workspace, if they had a better suggestion for the name or if they actually don’t need it anymore and the workspace can be deleted.
To do this we gathered all the workspaces data on a Dataverse for Teams and built a Power Automate Flow that, using the Approvals connector, would ask the Administrators if they Approve of our change, give them the option to suggest a new name or delete the workspace.
Simple flow that allowed for a companywide change to be implemented in less than a week.
- Use of the Approval connector ensures users are reached out on Teams or Email
- Only an Office E3 license is required
- Basic Approval process that allows for some data input from the user side
- Automatic Deletion of Workspace using Power BI API
- Power BI Dashboard to keep track of users engagement