UI Flow is new member in Power Automate family. It is the missing element I have been waiting for years. Finally Power Automate has RPA functionalities we (at least I) need for building fully automated end-to-end processes.
It’s still in preview, but It looks very promising.
Desktop & Web UI Flows
There are two types of UI Flows.
- Desktop UI Flow for interacting with desktop applications
- Web UI Flow for interacting with websites
Both can be executed only on Windows machines. Desktop UI Flows are very intuitive to build. Very much like traditional Flows. Web UI Flow uses Selenium and it might look a little bit complex at the beginning.
Second one is about Web UI Flow (Read it in Finnish or in English) and how to use it for searching company information from Businesss Information system website.
- Still in preview
- Windows only
- All applications not supported
- Limitations on handling screen elements (depends on target software)
- Some keystrokes not supported
- Virtual machines
- Attended RPA only
- General available on Jun 2020
- Unattended RPA (Preview Mar 2020)
- Using Virtual machines (Preview Mar 2020)
- Retry for Windows UI Flows (Preview Mar 2020)
- Secrets management (GA Sep 2020)
- Advanced editor capabilities (GA Sep 2020)
Pricing of the UI Flow is still a mystery. It will be published before the Jun (I hope).